Friday, December 11, 2009

Purple Rain

While my title has nothing to do with how my day went, my life feels like the guitar solo of that song right now. There is some intense excitement, vocal relief, and yet a nice melody to follow with the routine beat on the drum. So how does this parallel? Well, I can't explain the excitement that I feel now that exams are over and I can have some mental relief. That feeling was followed by time with friends who lent their comfort, and now I can fall back into my routine. Before this my day consisted of:

6:30 am- up studying for French exam
8:00 am-10:00 am - French exam
10:00am-11:45am - studying for astronomy exam
12:00pm -2:00pm- astronomy quiz and exam
2:00pm-3:45pm- revising a 6 page paper that was due at 5
3:45pm-4:00pm- printing the paper in the library
4:05pm-4:30pm- turning paper in at teacher's office

This is where my day starts going into that solo. Not only was I done, but I discovered that I made an A on my British Literature exam that I took earlier this week when I went to turn in my paper. I will have to admit that it was a tempting factor for luring me to major in English, but I just smiled humbly wishing I were taking another English class in my near future. I feel comfortable with my major. After all, what is better than learning English, but teaching it. I must say my teacher's bragging was a little bit of a confidence boost. I will have to swing by to visit her some time to talk about literature, whenever I am being deprived of it next semester.
Oh yeah...back to the schedule:

4:30pm-5:00pm- watching videos on youtube with Jacob
5:00pm-6:00pm- public library with Jacob and Erica (I saw my fill-in astronomy teacher there with his daughter. I always feel fuzzy inside whenever I see the human side of my insructors, especially when they are spending time with their children. This is proof I should be a teacher. I smile a little inside everytime a see a family especially when it is children experiencing one-on-one time with one of the parents.)
6:00pm-7:00pm- dinner with Erica, Jeff, and Elizabeth (first meal of my busy day might I add)
7:00pm-now - computer, music, and phone time.

Now for a random note to end things on: I can't say the Lords prayer without singing it after listening to Jon Foreman's "Your Love is Strong". We will see if I can control myself Sunday when I go to church with Jeff.

No comments:

Post a Comment