Thursday, December 17, 2009

I learned from the best

So earlier when it was yesterday, I did two important things: I bought my father's Christmas present and I visited my old high school. The Christmas shopping went as expected. I walked in the store, went to the planned destination, and grabbed the sought item (which happened to be four dollars less than I thought). Then I drove to my old school and waited until the school day ended before entering. Got some praying done in the forty minutes I waited. Then things started piecing together like a puzzle. Of course, I thought I had something to do with it, but it was all God.

I walked into the building, and a smile of fimilairity crept across my face. I couldn't even contain it. Yep. I went around smiling like dork. I instantly felt like I was a student again, but once again I was working on a time limit. I had 15 minutes to visit Schetski and somehow make time to run into Mr. Wallace. It wasn't too much work though. All I had to do was walk into Schetski's class, and the rest unfolded nicely. He happened to have bus duty with Mr. Wallace, which I discovered when I followed him to the bus ramp. We talked for a little while. I discovered that our school is getting "more better" with time in our art competitions. I'm proud of us. I got to brag a bit about how I met Tim O'Brien, and talk about my classes and my major. Unfortunately, before I knew it I was out of time like Cinderella at the ball. I wanted to stay and talk longer. I wanted to visit all of the other teachers that had an impact on my life. See how they all have aged gracefully. Tell them more about my college adventures. Have intellectual conversations about what I've learned. At least visit your classroom. Thank you all one more time. But this time I left in peace with where God put me. I don't have any regrets or things I wish I could have changed because God allows things to happen in His timing and I'm learning to trust that. I smiled and said goodbye, and I've never trusted You more. Every grey is one step closer to Wisedom and seeing Divinity.

PS. I saw four random things that made me smile on the inside on my little visit: Swerin and his kids (talk about dedicated dad), the portrait I did of Mrs. Summerford hung neatly beside the door, Kayla from CFC last year, and Jessica from CFC my sophomore year (She was visiting too).

Dear God, I will continue to pray........

No comments:

Post a Comment