Saturday, December 12, 2009

One Gaint Cookie

Today I found an awesome consignment book store. It had just what I was looking for--the perfect present for someone. No need to guess what that was, I give really similair gifts. I was tempted to stay longer, but was obligated to something else. After my obligation and lunch, I returned to shopping, but I just couldn't find the perfect gift for my parents. I looked in the bookstore, tried the farmers market, and ended up in the knitting store. The knitting store was my giving up point/treat to myself. I bought some yarn to do some weaving. The store was a local one and had a homely feeling. I was greeted by a group of ladies enjoying lunch when I entered this house turned store. For the first time I really felt like I was apart of Charleston. I had visited two local places in one day. After delivering the present I bought and wrapped in tissue paper and police caution tape, I spent the rest of the day cleaning. I cleaned my room, Stephan's kitchen, and then the gaint cookie happened. It is so big that it needs its own paragraph.

So while cleaning Stephan's kitchen, someone gets the brilliant plan to get rid of the tub of cookie dough in their fridge before leaving for home. So I baked about two batches before that person suggested another brilliant plan--making one gaint cookie. So we lured everyone in to watch a movie and enjoy the gaint cookie with us! It is amazing how a gaint cookie can bring people together... Oh dear God where will we be years from now. There has to be a reason for creating a bond like this. How will these people affect me? How will I affect them? Why are we all here enjoying this cookie together? Can they taste You in it? Will they taste You in it? Will the baker always remember to stop to enjoy the cookie for themself? Are they aware of the unexpected ingredient? Love.

Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment