Thursday, November 24, 2011

Dear Deer: Please don't commit suicide with my car



I have a stream of random things worth writing down/blogging about starting with the dear that ran into my car on my way home for thanksgiving. It dashed out into the road before I could make a reasonable decision. At the speed I was going, there was no stopping. I swerved around it, but the not so bright animal continued galloping into my side door. Unfortunately, my first thought was, "Is my car okay, and I hope I killed it!!!" I felt a little bad for the deer, but the thought of my car being messed up made me livid. I didn't bother to stop because the thought of blood on my car made me uneasy. Then I had to reason with myself: "Should I have sympathy for my car or the animal." My decision: forget both and get home!


Once I got home, I decided that I would take a look against my better judgement. To my surprise, I saw nothing significally ruined in the dark of the night. I jumped for joy and did a victory dance. One item unharmed. All I had to do now was convince myself that the deer was okay.


Then I woke up the next morning and saw my car in the sunlight.



That deer better be dead.

No comments:

Post a Comment