Sunday, November 13, 2011

...and HARRY POTTER!!!!

Last week church had something extra added to shake up the crowd. As one of the women was finishing up the children's lesson in front the church, one child thought he should add a little addition to the end of the prayer. They had just got done doing a demonstration where the women related the popularity of Jesus to Justin Beiber and Harry Potter to ultimately give a lesson about being prepared when God calls on us or when Jesus comes. As she had the children finish up the prayer, on little boy added, "And thank you God for HARRY POTTER." There were a few gasps from the crowd, but I couldn't have been more entertained or prouder. That little boy was a true fan and I admired his guts. What an interesting kind of faith. I felt like adding an Amen. I wonder if thanking God for Harry Potter is a weird thing to do. I decided it's not weird as longer as you thank him for Jesus too. I am of the belief that God understands humor.

No comments:

Post a Comment