Tuesday, March 23, 2010

An intimate night with Strange

So last night was the night for odd events. I didn't think reading in a stairwell could be so interesting. As I sat their catching up on a weeks worth of reading my peers made their way through the usually unpopular stairwell. The first occurance was one of the most off-setting which I caught as I looked up from my pages to see a peer with paper bags on his feet making his way to the girls' floor. I asked with curiosity why he had the noisy items attached to his feet. He simply replied that he didn't want to get his feet dirt. Moments after disappearing he swung the door of the third landing open and made his way back to his floor complaining that "they like him better". Just as I thought it couldn't get any stranger I heard jiggling noise making its way to the third floor. What could that be but a girl gearing up for the protest that was today. Apparently Santa elf hats are the perfect attire for an event of such manner. If a bag wearing boy and a Santa elf protester weren't interesting enough, a friend zooms through the stairs and tosses the craziest little pamplet at me. It started out being about little children celebrating Halloween and then randomly turned in to a tool of Christian conversion. I hand the bizarre pamphlet to a girl heading back down. The irony is that the bag boy thought that my reading in the secret stairwell was strange and even asked himself why everyone was acting so "sketchy" tonight. Just when I think the madness is over, I hear a sneaky individual creep into the stairwell underneath me. Whoever it is is oblivious to the fact that I am above them and whispers to themselves as I hear a repetative clicking sound. Seconds after they leave, the stairwell is filled with an awful smell and I through the towel in. The Gladwell book and I move the normal stairwell across the hall where we discover that there is a fifth floor landing in our building that leads to the roof. I finally get some peace and quiet and conquer my last minute attempt to conquer my assignment. I get 2 hours and 30 mintues of sleep to awake to a fire alarm at 5 in the morning. I couldn't help thinking for the rest of the day that a certain department wants something from me after luring perks from an email.

Strange

No comments:

Post a Comment