Thursday, January 14, 2010

Apologetics

Apologetics is the art of getting people to see the truth in Christianity, which involves becoming aware of the worldview of others around you. That is done by getting an understanding of the culture and beliefs of others and being able to explain your own. One definition I really like is "It is the scientic art of Christian persuasion". I'd like to think of it as polite evangelism minus the obnoxiousness plus the listening component.

How does this apply to my life right now one might ask?

Answer: I really don't know, but I do know that I deeply care about people a lot. It is kind of a tiresome habit. I guess there is some relation in that I am opened-minded about their different lifestyles like an apologist is opened to learning about other cultures and religions. I do the whole listening and learning about others views thing. I am just missing the whole "persuasion" thing. Then I think to myself: Why and how would I persuade someone to believe what I believe?

One word works for both answers: Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment