Monday, February 1, 2010

Kids in a lunch line

Today I realized that nothing has changed since elementary school. There is still yelling and giggling in the cafeteria. People are sharing food and spilling drinks, and unfortunately some of us still manage to get a stain in our favorite pair of pants. We still travel in flocks, and heaven forbid if we sat with anyone other than our friends. Standing in line to get our lunch is still the norm. And when it is all over and everyone gathers around to drop their tray off, there is still that weird kid that makes random noises for the fun of it. Yep, nothing has changed at all. We are "little kids" in "big kids" bodies. Then I ask myself the question:

Have I really grown up?

Well, I have gained more knowledge and a broader perspective. My body has even changed, but at the end of the day I do all of the things I did when I was younger just in different forms.

No comments:

Post a Comment